Hatchback cars are widely popular among Indian families. This is because these four-wheelers are spacious and cost-effective. Moreover, these vehicles have a high demand among the urban population due to the limited parking available in metro cities.
Here are the four powerful hatchbacks in India:
- VW Polo GT TSI
The car comes with a seven-speed dual-shift gearbox. The Polo GT TSI is powered with an in-line four-cylinder 1.2-liter petrol engine that produces 103PS power and 175Nm torque. It is a fuel-efficient model giving a mileage of 17.2 kilometers per liter (kmpl).
- Ford Figo
The automatic variant is equipped with a 1.5-liter petrol engine delivering 123PS power and 150Nm torque. The car is also available in a diesel variant. The suspension dynamics provide ease in handling wider tires, making this vehicle an ideal choice.
- Maruti Baleno RS
Maruti is a renowned car manufacturer, offering some of the best hatchback vehicles for families. The Maruti Baleno RS comes with a 1-liter, three-cylinder Boosterjet petrol, generating 102PS of power and 150Nm torque. The car has a five-speed manual transmission gearbox, offers a higher power boost, and gives a mileage of 21.2 kmpl.
- Tata Tiago JTP
This is one of the noted hatchbacks in the Tiago line, manufactured by Tata in collaboration with Jayem Automobiles. The 1.2-liter turbocharged petrol engine generates 114PS of power and 154Nm torque. The Tiago JTP comes with a five-speed manual transmission gearbox and can accelerate from 0 to 100 kilometers in less than 10 seconds, which makes it an excellent car to drive on highways.
A car is no longer a luxury. It has become a necessity. It offers the flexibility of driving, as you need not depend on public transport. However, you may not have the entire amount to buy your favorite hatchback. A car loan is a simple solution to this problem. Such a financing option is available with exclusive features, like:
- Funding up to 100% of the ex-showroom price of the car
- Convenience in repayment with longer tenure
- Minimal documentation
- Quick and hassle-free approval and disbursement
- Affordable car loan interest rates
- Diverse loan options based on your requirements
Eligibility norms for a car loan
- Available for salaried and self-employed borrowers
- Salaried borrowers: Minimum and maximum ages – 21 and 60 years, respectively
- Self-employed applicants: Minimum and maximum ages – 21 and 65 years, respectively
- Minimum income: Should be INR 10,000 per month
- Stay at current address: At least for one year
You may check for any additional car loan eligibility norms on the lenders’ websites.
Documentation required for car finance
Documentation is a critical aspect of a loan, and it can be a tedious and cumbersome procedure. However, financial institutions like Mahindra Finance ask for basic documents, which make the process easy and fast. Some of the commonly required details for car finance include:
- Age and identity proof
- Proof of residential address
- Income-related documents for salaried applicants: Bank statement, income tax returns (ITRs), Form 16, and salary slip
- Income-related documents for self-employed applicants: Tax registration certificate, bank statement, and ITRs, along with trading license, partnership deed, or company registration certificate
You may submit these documents either online or at the lender’s branch, which is closest to your residence.
With the availability of car loans online, owning your dream hatchback is no longer impossible. Most lenders offer loans for new as well as second-hand cars, which makes it easier to buy your favorite vehicle without any difficulties.